- Cat 1 - We all want to see an opportunity for these riders to get to race. In this year’s series, we will stage a race and these riders can enter as individuals or teams.
- For the 2023 series Cat 4 will set the age limit clearly to 50+ Masters men, (women any ages).
- The 2022 winners of categories three and four will have to move up a category in 2023.
- Any rider under 50 years of age that participated in category four in the 2022 teams’ series, will need to move up to category three unless is first time entry or a novice rider.
- First-timers entry – in categories three and four, teams will be allowed up to 2 novice riders in their teams, these novice riders won’t receive any points but will be recognized in a novice ranking. We want to offer them the opportunity to have a go and start taking part in racing.
Is up to team members to find a suitable naming rights sponsor who will help with the costs of uniforms etc.
All team members shall wear their distinctive team apparel while racing and during the prize presentations (unless they are wearing a Leader Jersey). Failure to do so may result in the loss of points in either or both the individual and team classifications.
Failure to wear correct attire will result in the rider being refused a start, unless by prior arrangement with the Race Organizer.
Licences for masters grades are not required and will not be inspected at registration. However, for insurance purpose, we encourage all participant to obtain a minimum of Ride Club licence to join the national biking body – BikeNZ to gain the benefits of liability insurance and entry to all regional and national events.
Conditions For Entry
1.1 A five round teams-based series for a minimum of "Ride Club " licence holders; with separate races for:
• (Cat 1.) Individual riders - Elite men, Under 23 Men and Under 19 Men
• Cat 2, Cat 3, Cat 4 are open to male and female riders 17 and over.
A maximum of ten teams per grade.
Please Note: For Insurance benefits, we encourage all master's riders to have a minimum 2023 club membership. As part of paid club membership, riders receive public liability insurance, this could be obtained from any cycling club in New Zealand
1.2 Grades numbers may be limited to 80 per grade per round, Traffic Management Plans pending.
1.3 The Overall Team classification winners will be the teams who accumulate the most points over the course of the competition.
1.4 The overall individual Series winner (individual ranking) will be made by adding race time. Not by points.
1.5 In the event of two or more teams/riders equal on points, the leader or winner of the respective competition shall be the rider/team with the highest placed finish in the latest round;
1.6 The organiser reserves the right to cancel a race should a minimum of 30 riders not be registered at the entry cut-off or due to extreme weather conditions.
1.7 The event organiser reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry.
1.8 By entering this event, riders agree not to do anything that will bring the Trust House North Island Series name into disrepute, make any comments via social media or other that may damage or diminish the goodwill or reputation of the event, other participants or organisers.
2.0 Leader Jerseys
2.1 Leading jerseys will be worn by leaders in all four categories:
2.2 Leaders Jerseys provided by the Race Organisers, shall be worn at all times during competition, at publicity sessions and presentations. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and/or suspension/fine. Failure to wear Team kit or Leaders Jersey at all presentations will not be tolerated. Riders not wearing Team kit or Leaders Jerseys for stage presentations will not be allowed on to the presentation area and will forfeit prize money for that stage.
Only team uniforms as per team entered in the series will be allowed, riders wearing a different jersey or bib from other team members will not be allowed to start the race.
3.0 Teams entry details
3.1 A team may enter a minimum of 5, and a maximum of 10 riders per round.
3.2 A team entered in the team classification may use no more than 12 riders over the course of the series. A rider shall compete for one team only throughout the entire series.
3.3 Any team rider not selected as part of their team for a particular round, will not be eligible to compete in that round, nor ride for another team.
3.4 A team is required to provide its own service vehicle at some of the rounds
3.5 A team must have a minimum of 5 riders finish the race to be eligible for team points.
3.6 The service vehicle driver must attend a pre-race briefing, adhere to the service vehicle guidelines, and ideally hold a current BikeNZ technical licence as a minimum. Failure to do so will result in the team not being able to race.
3.7 Each team service vehicle must contain a minimum of two persons. Failure to do so will result in the team not being able to race.
3.8 Series winner (individual ranking) will be made by adding race time after each race. Not by points.
3.9 The ‘Series’ team classification winner will be the team accumulating the most points over the course of the series.
4.1 All team members shall wear their distinctive team apparel while racing and during the prize presentations (unless they are wearing a Leader Jersey). Failure to do so may result in the loss of points in either or both the individual and team classifications.
4.2 Failure to wear correct attire will result in the rider being refused a start, unless by prior arrangement with the Series Coordinator.
All races will have neutral service. All grades will be required, on a rotation basic to supply a service vehicle and a Lead Vehicle for each round.
Each Category will supply 3 vehicles per round - - Vehicles will only service riders from the left side of the vehicle and the left side of the road.
*Important Note: Team support for this event is very important, the team allocated service must supply 3 sets of wheels, which are ready and in suitable condition for people to ride. Failure to meet your requirements will mean your Team will not be able to start the race. All Service and Lead cars must have collected all allocated equipment by 9:15am on race days.
6.1 Competition will be conducted under BikeNZ road racing rules.
6.2 Every assistance will be given to ensure the smooth passage of the race. however riders must remember that we are competing on public roads, and in the interest of safety, you must obey any instructions given by Race Officials. Riders entering the event must have sufficient competence and experience in cycle races to be able to participate safely. Riders are reminded that is unlawful and an offence against pubic decency to urinate on public roads.
6.3 The rider will follow the course set out and abide by the road rules at all times.
6.4 The rider will wear their designated race number without modification.
6.5 The rider, team management, or supporters will follow the rules and instructions given to him/her by race officials. Failure to do so may lead to him/her being eliminated from the event, or may result in the loss of points in the individual and or team classification.
6.6 All races will be run without regard for the weather, with the exception of extreme weather conditions. The panel of Commissaires will have the discretion, after consulting with the Race Management, to modify a stage should conditions require, at the discretion of the chief Commissaire and Race Director.
6.7 The rider consents to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident or illness during the event.
6.8 The rider authorises the use of his/her name, voice and picture and any information provided by him/her on the entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, promotion or advertising, and he/she also agrees that the information he/she has provided may be used by the organiser for the purpose of promoting future or other events, for the promotion of race sponsors products and services.
6.9 The Race Organisers, BikeNZ, Race Officials, Race Sponsors (major and subsidiary) shall not be liable for any damage, injury, illness, loss of property or accident caused to (or by) any person or object. Competitors and officials by starting and attending the Cycling Series, do so at their own risk (as per BikeNZ rules) and imply their acceptance of this condition and absolve the race organisation of liability.
6.10 Should the rider not use the correct transponder or ride without the designated transponder then they may not be allocated a time or result for that race.
6.11 By entering this event, riders agree not to do anything that will bring the Trust House North Island Series name into disrepute, make any comments via social media or other that may damage or diminish the goodwill or reputation of the event, other participants or organisers.
6.12 Event Cancellation - In the rare event that the event is cancelled beyond the organisers control no refunds will be issued.
Additional Event Rules.
1 - Rubbish - Littering Riders must not discard bidoons or rubbish of any kind on the roadside. Teams must take responsibility for their own litter and return it to their team vehicles.
2 - Dangerous riding - Riders using the wrong side of the road will be disqualified from the race.
3 - Motor pacing will not be permitted under any circumstances.
4 - Riders Registration on Event Day - All riders MUST sign on before each race.
Any further inquiries regarding the series can be made to:
You must read this carefully before agreeing to this waiver
I/We do hereby agree to the exclusion of liability to organisers of the Trust House cycling series, Event Directors, officers, sponsors, volunteer groups, or individuals from all claims for injuries and or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) I/We may suffer out of the participation in this event. I also release and forever discharge the above groups from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties and fines however arising (including negligence). I/We agree to comply with the rules of this event. I/We state that I/We intend competing entirely at my/our own risk.
By entering this event, I agree not to do anything that will bring the Trust House North Island Series name into disrepute, make any comments via social media or other that may damage or diminish the goodwill or reputation of the event, other participants or organisers.
I acknowledge that if I or any member of my team fail(s) to return my/their timing transponder(s), I agree to pay $50.00 for each and every transponder not returned.
Safety - You must read all safety information.
• All entrants must attend the pre-race briefing.
• All entrants must wear a NZ Standards Approved bicycle helmet at all times during the event.
• During the event St Johns event service vehicles will be on the course to administer first aid, attend to situations that arise, and provide emergency transport.
•The event takes place entirely on public roads, and although traffic management and/or restrictions are in force at intersections and other parts of the course, competitors must at all times assume that all roads are open to traffic in both directions
• You must obey all road rules and directions of event officials and police at all times.
• Roads are narrow and you must keep left at all times.
• Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course if conditions warrant.
• Organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks race rules, fails to sign waiver or brings the event into disrepute.
I acknowledge that in the interests of safety, organisers will disqualify any rider who rides over the centre line.
Waiver - You must read this carefully before agreeing to the Waiver.
- I/We accept that road cycling involves risk and acknowledge I/we enter at my/our own risk.
- I/We have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
- I/We accept that the event cycles on public roads and that I/we will share the road with other users.
- I/We agree to follow the set course and abide by legal road rules, event signage and the directions of event officials and police at all times.
- I/We understand that it is compulsory to attend the Pre-Race Briefing.
- I/We hereby consent to receive medical treatment in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- I/We accept that if the event is cancelled I/we will not be given a refund.
- I/We agree that organisers and sponsors of this event may use any information given to the organisers for purposes connected with the event and to provide me/us with details of other products, services and events.
- I/We agree to allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
- I/We will not hold organisers, officials, sponsors and/or any person involved with the event liable for any loss or injury to person or equipment.
- I/We agree to take responsibility for my/our own actions and will not take any legal proceedings (whether by myself, or by my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin and/or successors) for any matter against the following person or entities: Trust House Cycling Series, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, event organizers, volunteers, all cities, towns, regions, districts, properties and/or other areas in which the event may be staged, and their (its) representatives, respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
- I realise that I may be disqualified and pulled from the event if I am not abiding by these rules.
- I am at least fifteen (15) years old on race day. If I have entered and under 18 years of age, my terms and conditions have been signed by my Parent or Guardian.
- I understand that I am not to wear earphones while in the race.
- I understand that I am not to have Aero Bars attached to my bike while racing.
- I understand that any form of littering during the event may lead to my disqualification from the event.
- I/We agree and confirm that I/we have read, understand and accept all information, rules and waivers as provided on the event entry form and website, and that I/we will abide by the event organisers decisions at all times.
Trust House Racing series
Teams Points all categories
For the 2023 series, we will change the points system.
- Teams points – 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 points for the first 5 placed teams in each category; These points will be allocated based on the 5th rider finishing from each team.
- At prizegiving, teams will be better recognized for their efforts, rather than all about individual GC.
- Series winner (individual ranking) will be made by adding race time - Not by points - This will encourage riders to come all races in the series. If you skip one race, you won’t be able to be a series leader any more.
The event recognizes the impact that COVID-19 has had on the country and in this case, the events industry.
While the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and transmission in the community is very low, the following message is send to staff, volunteers, contractors and participants prior to the event regarding the expectations of their behavior during the event:
• If you’re sick, stay home. Please do not turn up at the event.